0:00 / 0:26
“Impressive, heartwarming. This music will change people’s lives ” - President, God's World Music
— Larry Robinson
Tween singing group and anti-bullying advocates, TL GIRLZ announces debut EP , LIL QUEENS.
(Detroit, Michigan). “Impressive, heartwarming. This music will change people’s lives” says Larry Robinson, Detroit veteran music store owner and concert promoter. The TL Girlz are four 5th-7th grade singers and anti-bullying advocates. Three of the TL Girlz (Alexis, Camille Eman, Nella B) were all discovered on the set of a television pilot program and Zoë, was a talented dancer living in Cleveland when the group was formed. The quartet officially kicked off in January 2020. “You’d never know the four were a new group by their friendship, work ethic, grueling schedule and their contagious youthful energy” says TL Girlz founder, Vanessa Lynn. Lynn, a nationally known theatrical writer and producer, saw something unique in each of the girls. “It was something about them, they each have larger than life personalities individually; together, they are a force of adolescent nature.”
As much as they love music and entertaining their growing fanbase, the TL Girlz are working daily to end bullying and send a message to their peers to be positive youth that can make a difference in their schools, communities and the world. Their mission is reflected musically in their debut EP. LIL QUEENS is a multi-genre five song EP that speaks to the coming of age issues of Generation Z. The messages of the songs are delivered on the backdrop of amazing beats and grooves. Signature to their sound are relatable skits and dramatizations to drive home the essence of timeless life lessons.
- BE ANYTHING -An upbeat reggae inspired tune that encourages kids to be anything they want to be.
- LIL QUEENS- A hip hop girl's empowerment song that let's young ladies know carrying yourself with respect is always in style.
- MISFIT -A throwback to 90s R&B. Misfit drives home the point that you don’t have to change who you are to fit in.
- STOP THINK LISTEN is mid temp hip-hop anti-bullying anthem that chronicles a day in the life of a middle school bully.
- TRUE LOVE -A contemporary inspirational ballad reminding us what's important in the world is true love.
LIL QUEENS is available April 10, 2020 for streaming and download on all digital music outlets as well as physical CD’s.
Featured on Fox 2 News Detroit for their anti-bullying efforts, TL Girlz (True Love Girlz) are a Detroit based girl group who perform youthful, clean, message-based music from several genres. Their songs are designed to not only entertain but educate and inspire.
TL Girlz are: Alexis (11), Camille Eman (12), Nella B (12) and Zoë (12) and are in the 5th-7th grades.